Saturday, September 13, 2008

FALL

Fall is almost here, just a few more days and the air will be free of uncertain heat and night time rolling around in sweat. Okay, I'm exaggerating but fall is my favorite time of the year.

I remember last year when I was EIC at Cybersocket I wrote in my editors letter that it was such a beautiful time of a year because the leaves change color, the night air is cooler and I often find myself walking a little bit slower to enjoy the somewhat cold weather we enjoy in Los Angeles.

In honor of the fall I had to take my garden and replant new flowers to reflect the season change. I originally had marigolds in my small garden on the side of the house, however they were not full perennial flowers so I had to pull them all out and replace them with the flowers you see below... it all turned out so beautiful, don't you think? I also replanted strawberries next to my thriving tomato bush and my grapes. Sadly, my pumpkin and cucumbers succumbed to the summer heat and not being pollinated *or so my coworker Wendy says* so I had to pull those both out and try a different fruit - sucks because I really wanted to have homegrown pumpkins for the Halloween season.

No comments:

Blog Counter