Saturday, September 13, 2008

MIRIAM SHOULD SCREAM!!!

Miriam is practically the sister I never had, but oh so wanted! Every year she comes up with a new, inventive way to celebrate her birthday, often giving me inspiration to change things up a bit for my birthday. This year she has chosen to have her party at The Rialto Theater in South Pasadena. The theater was once a great place to check out an independent movie or the weekly Rocky Horror Picture show, however time has brought all that action to standstill. The theater is now available for rent and that is what "sister" has done! She is planning on showing the movie 'Roman Holiday' starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn *I dug up the original trailer for you the ones that love old movies*


I told her to poll her guests on five or six different movies and then choose which ever one was the most popular but she decided to go with 'Roman Holiday." I have never seen the movie so I am anxious to see it - it has been a movie I've always wanted to see but never got around to it, let's face it, it's not going anywhere!

I think my brother had the best suggestion of all; that she show "Scream 2" instead of "Roman Holiday." The horror movie was partly made at The Rialto and since her birthday falls in the month of October it would be a great Halloween gift for everyone to see a movie that was made at the creepy theater they are sitting in... OOOH, SPOOKY!!! Check out The Rialto Theater below as it was featured in the movie 11 years ago... WOW, it's already been that long!!! Whatever movie she shows it will be a memorable night because her friends are always so gracious and nice, I can't wait to celebrate her birthday with her!

No comments:

Blog Counter