Monday, April 14, 2008

IN YOUR THOUGHTS

Speaking of being 'weak,' tonight at work I felt so helpless and at times on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Tomorrow morning my father is having a hip replacement at Kasier Baldwin Park. While I understand that hip replacements are a somewhat routine procedure these days, I have not been to this hospital since my mom was there... those were not such good times when she was being treated at that hospital.

I am also not thrilled at seeing my dad confined to a hospital bed. Most of us can think back and remember how we thought our dad was invinceable and the guy you wanted to grow up to be like. It's tough to see your father weak - even if it is temporary. While I know getting old and having an operation is part of life it sometimes makes me sad knowing that I only have one parent to rely on - and with Mothers Day around the corner it makes me reflect even deeper.

Anywho, if you have a chance keep my father in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow, it will be a long and trying day for all of us!

No comments:

Blog Counter