Saturday, April 26, 2008

There are so many profound emotions that life gives us. While many will go an entire lifetime without experiencing true love - lately I feel that's the road I am traveling down, one of the most amazing feelings is that of hurt and despair. A great friend, who I still know and respect highly to this day, once said that it's essential that we all cry and experience feelings of sadness for that makes the feeling of happiness that much sweeter. While those were not her exact words I think you get the gist of what she was getting at.

Last weekend on one of my many drives to Long Beach to visit my good friend Danny, I was listening to Mariah Carey's new song "I Wish You Well."

If you haven't heard this song make sure you listen to it below, it's definitely one of the standout songs on her new album E=MC2. The song brought tears to my eyes because it reminded me of the hurt and rejection I have felt in my life. The song, while not necessarily talking about rejection, has some poignant lyrics that are pretty universal to connect with.

No comments:

Blog Counter