Monday, October 27, 2008

JUST BEING THANKFUL


If you noticed the economy sucks and the times we're living in are just about as shitty as ever! I hope that doesn't sound too negative, because I always try to look for the positive in everything but besides gas going down, the good ole' US of A is not doing so good - and the world as well.

Last night my brother and I went to dinner with my somewhat liberal aunt and my conservative uncle - they shall remain nameless. Our dinner table discussion was almost exactly like the customers I wait on at Beckham Grill in Pasadena. The biggest thing I came away with was how lucky I am to be in a safe neighborhood and have a house that will not be taken away from me because I can't afford it or because of foreclosure. Most kids aren't lucky enough to have inherited a home from their parents that loved them - I am lucky enough, thank God. It's not that I am not thankful but I just don't think about how thankful I should be on a daily basis and I need to start giving thanks daily for the things I have - like my house!

Some of my friends are reorganizing their lives drastically to fit the pocket book and whether or not they blog about it I notice it.

No comments:

Blog Counter