Thursday, March 19, 2009

GROOVY

Why was I on a Phil Collin's kick today, is that too sappy? Did he write his own lyrics? I think so. One song that he didn't write is 'Groovy Kind of Love.' The song has probably the most effiminant lyrics I've ever seen written and I think for Collins to sing the redo the song was not only a gutsy move but shows how secure he was in his manhood.

"When I kiss your lips, ooh I start to shiver
Cant control the quivering inside.
When Im in your arms, nothing seems to matter
My whole world could shatter, I dont care
Wouldnt you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love"


Anyhoo, this song has been redone numerous times but I think Phil did it the most justice - much better than Sonny & Cher.

Tonight I traveled to CPK in West Covina to meet up with a friend I've been talking with on MySpace/Yahoo for the past few months. I'm not sure how we started talking, but I'm sure it resulted out of boredom. Fernando and I started talking and instantly had a lot in common - he used to live in Long Beach around the same time I lived there. He looks familiar so I'm sure I saw him around. Fernando is a great guy and we had a nice dinner and am glad we became friends.

Sorry guys, Fernando is taken - he's dating a guy named Scott, however that Scott is not me. He tells me that this guy is extremely nice and I hope he's handsome too... you know he's gotta do the name justice.

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day... but I can't say anything about it just yet! More details tomorrow... sorry this is so messy, I just didn't want to make it look pretty!

NIGHT NIGHT!!

No comments:

Blog Counter