Friday, March 27, 2009

STUCK AND STRESSED

When you're stressed you eat comfort food - okay, I'm stressed at LAX eating french fries praying to the Lord, any lord actually to get me on the next flight to San Francisco.

Giving new meaning to Murphy's Law, this morning had gone way too perfectly. I woke up before my alarm went off, JJ was extremely behaved, there was no line at Starbucks, the kennel opened up on time, traffic wasn't that bad... you get the idea!

Getting to the airport I checked in and the guy told me my flight wasn't until tomorrow morning - WTF? Apparently my flight had mechanical problems so it was cancelled. My boss thankfully booked me on a later flight but not until 11 p.m. at night... I'm a pretty patient person but waiting at the airport for fourteen hours is not something I was game to do. Another thing I'm thankful for is that I have a friend, Ivan, who works at American Airlines and pulled some strings for me.

What's the current update? Well I am still at the airport playing the waiting game. In a few hours this blog post will be void but I felt it necessary to post something, especially since I'm alone in the terminal - Ivan went on lunch, otherwise I'd bug him.

I guess I am going to miss my 2:30 interview with the Hot House boys *so sad*!!!

No comments:

Blog Counter