Wednesday, March 12, 2008

MORNING TIZZY

Well I'm not having a tizzy... yet, but my mind is a bit like that lately - just a tease, I don't want to go into too much detail and give too much away!

Yesterday was a pretty busy day... I'm exhausted just thinking about it all. I'm not sure if I have told many of you but I plan to run the 2008 Pasadena Marathon on November 16, 2008 - just days before I turn the big 3-0!!! This will be the inagural Pasadena race and if you are interested in signing up log onto the following site: www.pasadenamarathon.org

I am training with my friend Anna and I really hope we go all the way and she is very patient with me. Most of you know that I completed the Honolulu Marathon in 2004, running for AIDS Project Los Angeles. My time was 6 hours and 3 minutes, keeping a pace of running four minutes, walking for one minute. This time I am going to try to complete the marathon without doing a run/walk pace. Is it possible? I am trying to not to doubt myself... I think anythings possible if I keep a positive mind!

Anna and I started our training yesterday at the Rose Bowl, we ran 3.2 miles (once around the Rose Bowl) and what a beautiful run it is. My brother, Greg, runs it almost everyday and now I can see why. The people and the scenery are both pristine... I hope Anna and I go back soon to train - maybe next time I will take pictures for ya'll!

After running I came back and watched the amazing movie Volver with my bud. Have you seen it? The movie is directed by Almodovar and if you've seen any of his other movies (Habla Con Ella, Amores Perros) than this movie you will also fall in love with. Penelope Cruz is absoultely adorable and her on screen mother, Carmen Maura plays her character so eloquently you want her character and the movie to go on forever. Without giving too much away, the movie bases itself on Maura's character coming back from the dead to 'fix' unsolved problems and mysteries. The movie is not a sappy melodrama that will make you boo-hoo cry because of the subject matter, but the story is unforgettable and very sweet... I recommend it!

After the movie I went to Hollywood to meet some friends at the gym, go tan and then hop over to MJ's to meet Galo and Kenny. MJ's is a must for anyone who wants to check out some hot gogo dancers and eye candy - although certain Tuesdays the candy can be pretty minimal.

1 comment:

fatenoir said...

lisa and hanna still run and train for marathons - so if you need other people to run with let me know an i can get you in touch with them if you dont have any of their info. they just did the rock n roll over in phoenix a bit a go - and did the LA not sure whats on their agenda next :)

Blog Counter