Thursday, March 13, 2008

OUCH, OUCH... HIKING CAN HURT

Phil and I went hiking today - Eaton Canyon is going to be the death of me. Voyta and Phil can now testify, Phil especially!

We got an early start and decided to take a new trail that I've seen but never traveled down. It looks very sceneic and pretty - yah, not so much! Maybe we should have paid attention to the roughed-up sign that had no trail name or any other kind of information on it (above). Phil, never hiking on this trail, had no idea what he was getting himself into, but we both quickly realized that this adventure was only for the EXPERIENCED hikers! We climbed the mountain, literally! Climbing using our bare hands and sneakers, this was almost a direct uphill climb that rarely let us stand up or rest. Ducking under bushes, dodging falling gravel and rocks and jumping, hoping that we'd land safely, this was by far the most gruelling hike I have ever been on. I fell hard and bruised my leg up pretty badly as well as my thumb... OUCH!! Phil and I hoped to make it all the way up the mountain but Phil decided it was way too steep for us to continue after climbing for about an hour! Check out my pictures below!!!
I have to say the most enjoyable part of the hike is when I take my shoes and socks off and walk through the creek you must cross to get back to the car. The water is cold and clean, making me feel like I'm alive and living life. Does that make sense? I can't wait to go hiking and f$*k myself up again!

No comments:

Blog Counter