Saturday, August 30, 2008

WHAT IS THE F'ING ZIP CODE?


I think most people in their late twenties/mid-thirties can say they were addicted to the original Beverly Hills 90210. It's not a farfetched statement that the television show DEFINED A GENERATION! I think one thing that I enjoyed about the show was that the kids were stuck up, snobby and the generic idea of what most kids think children from that particular zip code would act like. Since Kelly, Dylan, Brandon, Brenda, David and Donna were down to earth people pretty much everyone could relate to them (oh, p.s. I didn't have to look up their names on Wikipedia, it just came back to me all of a sudden - I even remember Emily Valentine). I wonder if the new 90210 will have the same cuddly cast as the original? I don't know about you but I don't subscribe to Gossip Girl, The Hills, Laguna Beach and other 'reality' driven shows that flash fake children with money that was handed down to them from their daddy. True, Donna was a lil' rich bitch but she didn't come off as a bitch - catch my drift? So to sum up this posting I hope 90210 2.0 *as Perez calls it* lives up to the hype and really brings it... they've got a lot riding on this new show!

No comments:

Blog Counter