Monday, October 29, 2007

SUNDAY NIGHT

Last night was my first night on the floor at Beckham Grill and if I do say so myself I kicked ass!

Overall the night wasn’t busy at all but I made some great cash for the time I was there – it’s nice to be making my own cash now that I am fully trained!

I was also impressed that two of my customers went up to the manager and complimented them on my service. I thought to myself how amazing and fortunate I was to receive a service compliment on my first night on my own – it probably put my manager at ease with me capable of doing my job effectively!

As a side note, he came up to me and told me that I had a customer compliment and they were really jazzed. I had already heard about the compliment from the host so I looked clueless and said “Oh so you met my aunt and uncle?” Then I laughed! What a comedian I am huh?

When I got home last night I watched Brothers and Sisters and then late night Oprah! Did anyone get to watch the rebroadcast of Oprah?

The show was about Hearst Publishing and Cathie Black, the women who runs the entire operation. An inspiration for women but also an inspiration for anyone who aspires to be at the top of their game in life – yah, that covers pretty much everyone! Black just released a book called “Basic Black” which is supposed to be a great book about getting ahead at work and in life… I’ve already ordered it! On a separate and sad note, I read on Perez Hilton this morning that Oprah’s school for girls in South Africa is in the midst of a child abuse scandal! On Perez’s site she is quoted as saying to the parents of the children in Africa “I’ve disappointed you. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.”

What an awful thing to have happen, puts a lump in your stomach seeing a good thing like education be turned into something disgusting and sick.

Okay, until later on… stay tuned….

No comments:

Blog Counter