Thursday, October 25, 2007

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY


As I sit at my desk working I feel like I am going to fall over and enter into a deep sleep!

These last few weeks have been constant go, go, go with no time to stop and catch my breath. Have you ever felt like you were speeding through life and are out of control because you’re so busy? Just like in the dreams we all have when we are freefalling or uncontrollably speeding in a car with no way to stop the only way to stop is to hit the floor or run into a brick wall – I don’t want to hit my personal wall, or the floor for that matter!

This week has been a busy one for numerous reasons. For one I believe the fires are making everyone a little crazy and exhausted. Whether or not you’ve been directly affected by the fires, if you live in Los Angeles the smoke, ash, and the incessant stress put on us from the 24/7 news coverage can all add unneeded anxiety and tension to our already busy life.

I briefly mentioned on MySpace a few days ago that the street I work on at Cybersocket was involved in a bomb scare. Apparently someone left a suspicious package at the Planned Parenthood across the street from my job, causing the police and bomb squad to shut down Vermont and Santa Monica. Damn right wing Christians!! Actually they shut down Vermont all the way down to LACC – it was pretty serious because they told us we couldn’t take our cars out of the vicinity. For two hours we were stuck wondering if it really was a bomb and if everything would be okay. Thankfully everything was okay and it wasn’t a bomb – that we know of!

Brandon Baker had a different experience and for that click here.

Last night after work I went to the gym – finally – and caught up with my buds at Bally’s! After Kenny walked with me over to Amoeba records so I could buy the new Dave Gahan album for Morgan and myself. I also purchased the old school DM 101 CD which I lost many years ago. I couldn’t pass it up it was only $10!!!

Check out a clip I found of the legendary concert at the Rosebowl from 1989!



After Amoeba I watched the last ten minutes of KidNation and then Criminal Minds - my new favorite show then went over to Andy's to spend the night... I think JJ likes when I go over there to spend the night, he gets the bed to himself!

Talk later, today will be a busy day as well…

Stay tuned…

1 comment:

Blog Counter